Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Old World Table

Sometimes when I see a piece of furniture I know exactly what I want it to look like.  This sweet little table was one of those.  I absolutely love the curvy top and drawer, but those hideous pulls grabbed your focus.  I love the layered and textured look some old world pieces have and I thought she would look perfect that way.

Sorry there are so many pics, but I liked it that much. :)



Before




 After




 I sanded it down, re-stained it, hit it with a hammer, poked it with a screwdriver, waxed it with dark wax, and then a coat of clear wax.  It makes my heart go pitter-patter. ;)  Love that it has all the original scratches and marks.  It makes me wonder who sat at it and what they did.  




 I broke every single painting rule there is when doing this one, and loved every second of it.  I didn't prime, I wasn't careful with how I brushed it, I didn't coat it evenly, and I brushed over it when it was still drying.  I also painted it three different colors.  I love all the texture the paint has.  I distressed, sanded, and then waxed with dark wax.  



 Adore these knobs, too. :)























 Sweet surprise inside. 
















SOLD
Dimensions: 35"W x 25"D x 30"H


colors = Sandy Beige (my color), Creme SW, Greek Villa SW
knobs = HL

2 comments:

  1. Another great makeover. I just nominated you for a Liebster Award.
    Go check it out.
    www. kayboocreations.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karyn!! (I have to admit--I'd never heard of the Liebster Award and thought it was a joke at first, so I had to look it up. So glad I did!) If you get a chance you should head on over to Karyn's blog. She has some fantastic make-overs of her own!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3