Poor baby--this little dresser and been relegated to the closet, covered in "stuff", and forgotten about. So glad she was finally able to "come out" and receive a long awaited makeover!!
any much detail so I knew the hardware would be important. My client had chosen a soft color (French Linen--love it!) and I wanted the hardware to have that feeling, too, but still stand out.
I also decided to go with a chippy look for the distressing because I wanted it to be a little more noticeable than just sanding the edges.
I had to sand the whole thing down to the bare wood because the finish was so scratched. I still wanted the contrast of dark under this lighter color so I gave it one coat of Espresso (in Satin) by Rustoleum before I painted. Using the Satin also made it easier to achieve the chippy look I was going for.
I've used these pulls on a lot of different pieces and never get tired of them!
They just make me happy. :)
I love the look of crystal against this color. The original knobs were so tiny I didn't know if I would be able to find any small enough (too big would have been overwhelming since there were four of them so close together). I was so lucky to find these cute little knobs and scooped them up!
I love the rust color of the pulls with the little bit of sparkle from the crystal (and the chippy paint makes my heart go pitter patter!).
I think she definitely can be proud to strut her stuff in the bedroom instead of hiding in the closet now!
base coat = Espresso by Rustoleum
poly = Varathane in semi-gloss
knobs/pulls = Hobby Lobby