Friday, February 1, 2013

Kidney Bean Desk

I got a little behind in my shop over the holidays and needed to catch up.  I made a goal to get 5 pieces done this week.  So, this was number 5 in 5 days!  I say bring on the weekend finally!!


My friend dropped this little desk off at my shop and I immediately loved it!! It has such a cute little shape--just like a kidney bean.  It's so unique.  She asked me if it was too much work and I was thinking, "Heck no!!"  I was so excited to get to work on it!

She said it belonged to her grandmother which made it that much more special.  I really do consider this "job" a privilege sometimes!


 Before




 After


Didn't order enough knobs so that's why the middle two are missing, but I couldn't wait for them to come in to take pics!! lol




 Isn't it just so cute?!?!  Ok, maybe "cute" isn't the right word, but I am totally in love with it!



















These knobs are just awesome!  













This was my favorite one this week!

This desk was featured by Sarah @ Alderberry Hill,
Mary Beth @ Cupcakes and Crinoline,
and by 

Thank you so much ladies!


Linked up here:
Three Mango Seeds


10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured later this evening!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, and join me tomorrow night for Make the Scene Monday #60!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful desk. Your makeover is gorgeous. It is really updated now.
    Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - This is simply beautiful, as is EVERYTHING you do! I can't believe you could complete 5 pieces in 5 days! I'm fairly new to furniture refinishing (and blogging) and have been putting pieces in my garage as I complete them, but I haven't posted anything for sale yet. Still trying to figure out the best way to do that. I love your blog for the wealth of information you provide to those less experienced. Thank you from one of your biggest fans, Patti@OldThingsNew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just totally made my day Patti! Thank you so much for the sweet words. I wish you the best of luck selling your pieces! Your last dresser makeover was just gorgeous, by the way!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! The shape is so sweet and the finish you did is fabulous! Love those knobs too! Great make-over! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the way the finish turned out on this one. I have a little nightstand that I would love to do exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3