Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shabby Apple Side Table

I picked this little sewing cabinet up a while back and it's been patiently waiting its turn to be reformed. :)  I knew right away what I wanted to do with it and it seemed the perfect time as I am experiencing a little bit of spring fever at the moment!

It took a little muscle and ingenuity to get the "guts" out (that sewing machine weighed a ton!) and then I just had hubby pin the top down for me (I'm kinda wishing I had added a "shelf" to the bottom and left the top to open, then the whole inside could have been used for storage, but hindsight is 20/20, right?).

 Anyhow, this one just made me happy today. :)




 Before



After










This is truer to the real color (the other pics look a little washed out).


 I couldn't resist these sweet little knobs when I saw them, even though I had nothing to put them on.  I love turquoise and green together, so I thought this would be the perfect home for them!

I just <3 <3 <3 them







 I have been really into the "chippy" look lately, so I took my paint scraper to her.




 The table before had a reddish stain on it.  I wanted it to have a more natural look, so I sanded it down and didn't restain it, just did three coats of poly right over the bare wood.  It's a beautiful piece of veneer and think it looks great in the nude. ;)











 Dimensions: 22.75"W x 17.75"D x 30.75"H

color = a custom mix of Parakeet and Grasshopper SW
stain (glaze) = Dark Walnut Minwax

This little table was featured by Holly @Full Circle Creations
and by
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.!

Thank you so much!



Linked up here:
Homespun Happenings

Designed DecorTheRusticPig
  A Diamond in the Stuff


Full Circle Creations







22 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on that table! We recently purchased a small nightstand from a thrift store that I am itching to get refinished! This is a great look: love those knobs with the green!

    Chrissy
    www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chrissy! Have fun with your project!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous table! I love the green paint!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-17_2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tonna--I think this green was just what I needed this week (right now we are getting more snow-ugh!!)

      Delete
  3. I love what you've done! So pretty. I think those drawer knobs are adorable too!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen--I was hoarding those knobs...I'm still not sure I can let them go out the door! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that color! Such a transformation, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!!! It turned out gorgeous... as always!! I've only tried to paint one thing green and it turned out horrible... I think it was just too big and therefor.. too green! :) This is perfect!!! LOVE the green with wood top! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! I've had some bad experiences with green too! lol Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

      Delete
  6. Really cute! So glad you left the top natural goes great with the green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that beautiful color. Great choice leaving the top natural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful colour! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *whistling*

    she's really cute.

    stopping by via MMS and hope you'll find a moment to come hang out, dream, reflect, share and notice lovely. http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2013/02/jadore-milieu.html?showComment=1360156518676

    smiles to you, lovely blogger.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Michele. Would love to visit! :)

      Delete
  10. Love it! What a great color too! Thanks for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been using a lot of that green lately and I love it. Your little piece turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo pretty! I love it! Great color and cool knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally lovin' the green table! Nicely done, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the green! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a very similar table sitting downstairs and just didn't know what to do with it, you've given me some inspiration! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3