Thursday, March 28, 2013

John Deere meet Reflecting Pool

I saw this little dresser set and had to have it (even though I could barely see what it was in the pic--but that didn't stop me cuz I saw the mirror and knew it had to be good!). 

I decided a few months ago I just wasn't going to be taking any more painted furniture (too time consuming!).  Like I said--I couldn't see the dresser very well in the picture so when I went to pick it up I discovered it was painted! (When you see the before you are going to ask me how in the world I couldn't tell it was painted!  Whatever the reason (no it is NOT senility!) I couldn't!)  Ugh!  

It took two days of sanding but I finally got that nasty paint off and am so happy she received a new color (even though I had a few people tell me they thought it was cute the way it was)!


 Before--this was not the before pic that I saw ;) ;)





 After


You'll notice the color is different in almost every one of these pictures.  The color is reflecting pool by Sherwin Williams and it is a gorgeous soft turquoise (more like the next pic).









This set is for a little girl.  She told her mom she didn't want it to look "old" (how cute is that?), so I went very light on the distressing and outlined the details that were there in white so you could see them, but were still subtle.





  Aren't these knobs just the sweetest?




 I just love an antique mirror with spindles....



 ...and cute little legs!










 Another pretty top.  This one was stained in Early American by Minwax






 

23 comments:

  1. Okay. Wow - that was super ugly before! LOL! Love the color as I JUST used it myself! Seems spring is making a lot of us break out the turquoise! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am one of the ones who thought it was super ugly before, too! ;) Your jewelry armoire is gorgeous!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That dresser was definitely a Jane Deere! Oh, dear! Love the paint color - I think I will actually go and pay full price for that color! I hope the new owner is in love with the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna--"Jane Deere" ...haha...love it. ;) I'm telling you the color is worth it! Even prettier in person! Thanks for the comment and have a wonderful Easter weekend!

      Delete
  3. That set might have been done for a little girl but this big old girl would love to have the set. Would have made a bench for end of bed with foot board/headboard. Love that color also. I've noticed that aqua's in lots of different hues are very popular this year. One of my favorite colors all the time so I'm sure happy. Happy Easter & Spring Great job on redoing her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have made a gorgeous bench! I am loving this color right now, too! Happy Easter to you as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the colours and the handles are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job. I really love the knobs. Regards, Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right the mirror makes it. Love the new color! Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa - that is stunning!
    WOW!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO fantastic! I love the color and detailing and the mirror and hardware are just perfect!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! What an amazing before-and-after! I can't believe how hideous that color was before, and how gorgeous after. Pretty detailing too. I love turquoise.... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Gorgeous color! Would love it if you would link this up to Give Me The Goods Monday: 1 Party, 5 Blogs! http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-monday-linky-party-2.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so fabulous! I just love the color and the wood top. I love older furniture and all the character is has.
    Thanks so much for sharing it on the Project Inspired Linky Party this week! :)
    Hope you have a great weekend!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. very Snazzy outcome. Another piece of furniture saved by some Beautiful blue paint

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Love those knobs! Thank you for sharing at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this transformation!!! What a great piece!!! Thanks for linking up at Give Me The Goods Monday! Features will be posted Sunday!!!
    Amy @ www.commona-myhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling little dresser and you picked a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lisa!
    I just wanted to let you know that this dresser is one of my features tonight in the Project Inspire{d} linky party! :) Thanks so much for linking it up.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love how this turned out! Such a beautiful color, and the before picture just makes me giggle. I'm not sure why. :) Thanks for linking up at Crafty Tuesday this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were one of my features this week at the HUGE party with Ginger Snap Crafts!!

    Have a GREAT week!
    Julie @ http://www.thevintagebarnhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3