Saturday, March 24, 2012

Armoire

One of my besties said she had this armoire she wanted to do and I've been wanting to try subway art, so I asked her if she was game.  Of course she was! Love her for that! :)  She was turning her old tv armoire into a craft cabinet, so it was the perfect guinea pig.


Before

It was a cute armoire just needed a little pick-me-up :)



After

I realized the right door was a little tilted in this picture, so it makes the words look a little off.  Just needed a little tweaking. ;)


So, this friend loves heavy distressing....a girl after my own heart.  I don't get to do that very often, so I was in seventh heaven!




I painted the doors a creamy white first, then used spray adhesive and heavy cardstock to stick the lettering on (next time I will use vinyl lettering, cuz this was a nightmare), but you live and you learn, right?  Then did two coats of the gray, distressed, and sealed.

The original hardware looked great on this new color!



















There are a few things I would do differently next time, but for the first try I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 

p.s.  I love that these words mean so much to her and now she has a reminder of the wonderful and important places in her life every time she wants to create something! :)

colors = Greek Villa SW, Urbane Bronze SW (absolutely love this color!!)
poly = Varathane in semi-gloss

1 comment:

  1. SSD Solution Cleaning Lab is the best and Unique producer of HIGH QUALITY Undetectable counterfeit Banknotes. With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency NOTES. We ship worldwide and our bank notes are top nocth Grade A +++ and cannot be detected by any laser machine.Our production process .Get your authentic banknotes ,SSD chemical solution and activation powder now .They are top notch and be used anywhere.




    ssd solution online

    buy ssd solution online

    order ssd solution online

    legit counterfeit money for sale

    can you buy counterfeit money online

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3