Saturday, March 24, 2012

Armoire

One of my besties said she had this armoire she wanted to do and I've been wanting to try subway art, so I asked her if she was game.  Of course she was! Love her for that! :)  She was turning her old tv armoire into a craft cabinet, so it was the perfect guinea pig.


Before

It was a cute armoire just needed a little pick-me-up :)



After

I realized the right door was a little tilted in this picture, so it makes the words look a little off.  Just needed a little tweaking. ;)


So, this friend loves heavy distressing....a girl after my own heart.  I don't get to do that very often, so I was in seventh heaven!




I painted the doors a creamy white first, then used spray adhesive and heavy cardstock to stick the lettering on (next time I will use vinyl lettering, cuz this was a nightmare), but you live and you learn, right?  Then did two coats of the gray, distressed, and sealed.

The original hardware looked great on this new color!



















There are a few things I would do differently next time, but for the first try I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. 

p.s.  I love that these words mean so much to her and now she has a reminder of the wonderful and important places in her life every time she wants to create something! :)

colors = Greek Villa SW, Urbane Bronze SW (absolutely love this color!!)
poly = Varathane in semi-gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3