Katie and Leshia @
The liebster award is given by seasoned bloggers to a blog with 200 followers or less (to show them a little love!).
Thank you so much ladies! These creative gals have a blog full of crafty ideas!
Here are the rules when you've been nominated:
1) you must post 11 random things about yourself
2) you must answer the questions that the nominator set for you
3) you must create 11 questions for the people that you nominate
4) you must choose 11 blogs that you love (w/ less than 200 followers) and link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
5) no tag back
I'm not sure I can completely comply with the aforementioned rules (finding 11 more blogs is going to be tough!) but I will do my best! :)
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I love to sing but am terrible! When I sing in the car I always look in the back seat to make sure no one is hiding back there secretly listening to me!
2. I adore Mexican food. I could eat it every day of the week and not get sick of it. And, yes, I like it spicy!
3. I have no favorite color, no favorite song, no favorite movie...I think I like whatever trips my trigger at the moment.
4. Until 2 weeks ago I only owned 2 pairs of socks (and they were super holey!). I hate socks, but I live in WI, making them a necessary evil--especially when it is 20 below zero. I finally broke down and bought 6 pairs, drove home, ran in the house, showed them to my hubby, and asked him if he was proud of me for finally caving!
5. I painted my bathroom 3 different colors in one day.
6. My nicknames (from my father) when I was little were Little Latin Lupe Lou and Pigletina. I can't believe I just published that info on the web! :0
7. I can't burp. Really. I just physically can't, and I've tried! Have you ever heard of that before??
8. I absolutely HATE laundry. No, I mean it--I can't stand it. I think evil little laundry elves hang out in my bathroom and wave their wicked little wands every time something gets thrown in the basket to multiply it ten fold! It's so mysterious!
9. I wish I could do a standing back flip. Don't tell me that wouldn't be awesome!
10. I have naturally curly hair and straighten it with a curling iron. Go figure.
11. I still get excited to see what's in my stocking early Christmas morning.
Questions from Katie and Leshia:
1) who is your favorite musician? Oh, I think I addressed this in #3 above ;)
3) if you could time travel to another decade or century, what would it be and why? These are seriously tough questions! Ummm...I'm in love with Jane Austen so I would have to say early 1800's, but not to stay! I never would have survived--I'm way too lippy!
4) what is your favorite lip product? I can't live without my lip pencil in Plum
5) do you have a favorite recipe? feel free to share! :) My mother's peach cobbler recipe. It doesn't get any simpler or any yummier! If you're interested just leave me a comment. :)
6) what's your guilty pleasure? pumpkin cheesecake ice cream from Ben & Jerrys. I ate 10 pints last winter!
7) how many pairs of shoes do you own? lol--more than my little closet can hold
8) what album could be the soundtrack for your life? This requires way more thought than I am able to give at the moment!
9) what advice would you give a new blogger? Don't be afraid to show the real you (even if you think you're nuts!)
10) who is your style icon? I'm afraid to tell you I could care less--don't hate me!
11) what is the one thing you would like to instill in your kids? (present or future) to be kind and compassionate and accept people for who they are
11 Blogs: I think this might take me a while, so I will be back later!!1. Karyn @ Kayboo Creations
2. Ann @ Stylish Once Again
3. Elaine @ Junksterchick Creations
4. Patricia @ Old Things New
5. Dee @ My Painted Stuff
6. Sarah @ Alderberry Hill
1. What's your favorite pair of shoes?
2. If you could take 1 trip in your lifetime, where would you go?
3. What's your favorite scent of bodywash/soap?
4. Who's been the most influential person in your life?
5. What's the worst vegetable EVER?
6. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
7. If your house was on fire what would be two things you would grab (assuming your family and your pets are safe!)?
8. What is the first thing you do when you get out of bed in the morning?
9. What is your favorite scripture/quote?
10. Which of your boards on Pinterest has the most pins?
11. Sweet or salty (or mix em!)?