Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Creamy Butter Highboy

I'm afraid of yellow.

There I said it! :)  Maybe, I'm not afraid of it, maybe I just don't like it very much.  I'm not sure, but I've tried painting a few pieces yellow and ended up painting over them because I just wasn't feeling it.  BUT, I thought I'd give it a go again.  I'm taking baby steps though and wanted a really light, buttery yellow to get my feet wet. 

This cute, little dresser was the perfect candidate.  I can't believe what a difference this pretty, subtle color did for it!  


 Before



 After

This color makes me want to lick it.  But, I controlled myself cuz that would just be weird.  ;)






 I used these knobs on this dresser and really wanted the contrast with the yellow, too.  I originally had different knobs in mind, but they didn't have 8 of them.  I'm so glad now-these are perfect! 



 I tried a stencil on the top drawer (after spending 1/2 the day fixing the stinking thing) and ended up not liking it.  I settled for using different knobs instead.


 It had a nice wood top so I did my favorite thing and stained it dark (I started using Java Gel and love it!).  It's such a pretty contrast to the creamy paint. 





 It has such a cute, curvy base.



 Can't wait for my tulips to come up this spring!  




color = Hinoki by Sherwin Williams

Linked up here:
Saturday:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:




12 comments:

  1. I love that soft shade of yellow and the pretty mix of knobs - perfect for that sweet dresser! And yay for conquering your fear of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRAVO!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous.

    Love what you do, you are amazing, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so pinned this one Lisa. Great color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is not my favorite color either, but sometimes it turns out perfect, just like this! Your blog is my new favorite. I love love love all of your makeovers and your beautiful style. I love that your blog is simple, and just a great collection of furniture makeovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this soft color, Lisa! I would say I'm not a big fan of yellow either, until I remember my last house and that I had about 4 rooms painted different shades of yellow. : ) I do prefer the softer shades over the brighter ones and this one you used doesn't scream yellow at me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a subtle yellow it looks white on my monitor!
    I get'cha on yellow, though. Perhaps there is such a fine line between in-your-FACE yellow and yelllllllllow.
    LIke that purple paint commercial. I find, though, anything nearing electric or too primary just offends my mind, let alone my eye. I know it's just me, but something can blend and still stand out at the same time. It's achieving that color balance that is an art.
    You did a lovely job on this dresser. It had great lines and you brought them out well! Its sweet hardware is always the icing on the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, you are amazing with all your transformations!! Beautiful shade of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be afraid of yellow no more. This makes me want to butter my buns. ;) LOVE.

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  9. The paint finish is so smooth. Did you use a sprayer for the main color?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3