Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Terra Cotta Sewing Table

I recently finished a cute little antique sewing table (here) and had a request for another one.

I found this one at the same Habitat for Humanity and was so glad to be able to do it in a different color.  She sent me a pic of a Spanish Tiled floor and said she would like it to look like terra cotta.  Loved that idea!

I started with the color Armagnac from Sherwin Williams (which is a muted orange) and then dark waxed it to give it some dimension (which is always hard to tell in pics!). 



Before

I always wonder how many people passed it by not giving it a second thought or thought how ugly it was (or not useful anymore).  



 After



 Love the warmth in these knobs and think they compliment the paint color so well.  











It had a beautiful cherry top that I stained with Java gel.  This is a horrible pic!



Love how she turned out!  Until tomorrow! :)

Linked up here:
Saturday:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:






6 comments:

  1. Those sewing cabinets are so versatile with their nice long legs and this one is beautiful in that awesome color! ... And a new header? I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And the top looks so great!

    AND YOU HIT 300! WOOHOO! :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour! Love how it goes with the dark wood. What's colour did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning! I'm having a love affair with your little table, and will be featuring it on my 'Weekly Wonders' post tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing! ~Lisa @ Practically Perfect Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have thought to choose this color, but it came out so gorgeous, and the wood looks perfect. Thanks for sharing at Redouxinteriors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You used dark wax on a latex paint?

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3