Thursday, April 17, 2014

Oak Hall Tree

This hall tree came from a secret spot ;) and I thought it could be so cute! Craig knew right away that I would love it.  Have I told you lately that I have the most wonderful, awesome, and incredible husband that ever lived?  Well, if I haven't I am now!! :)

Before




 After


I used French Blue from Old Town Paints and then whitewashed it (which I rarely do).  I normally hate painting oak because the grain is so heavy and doesn't leave a nice smooth finish, BUT I really love how the white paint brought out the grain!  It's more noticeable on the sides than the front.


 I kept the original knobs because I loved the color of them with the paint color. 


 And, there's nothing like a crisp white for the inside of a piece!  It's such a clean look and begging for someone to put their pretty things in there!


 Great detailing that was lost in the wood, but not anymore!






Cute little feet...



This is one that's way better in person, but I hope you get the idea! :)

This piece will be available at my upcoming Refuge Home Decor Event on April 26th, 10-2
254 Miramar, Dr  Allouez, WI

22 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm going to an auction Saturday.....I have my eyes on a very curvy "Frenchie" dresser and 1930s/40s buffet. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in the pictures, Lisa. I love that color! The white on the inside is perfect. I don't think I've ever seen a hall tree with a cabinet attached like this. Very versatile piece for someone living in a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I'm hoping others think so too! :)

      Delete
  3. It's fabulous! I love the white wash! It adds an additional element of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I'm trying to figure out if your hubby is better than mine.... :P

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, you are going to do so well at the show! You have some gorgeous make-over pieces!! Happy Easter to you and your family, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Gail! I hope so, I'm so stinking nervous!!

      Delete
  6. Love it so much I had to pin it to my favorite painted pieces board!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CrownQQ Agen DominoQQ BandarQ dan Domino99 Online Terbesar

    Yuk Buruan ikutan bermain di websiteCrownQQ
    Sekarang CROWNQQ Memiliki Game terbaru Dan Ternama loh...

    9 permainan :
    => Poker
    => Bandar Poker
    => Domino99
    => BandarQ
    => AduQ
    => Sakong
    => Capsa Susun
    => Bandar 66
    => Perang Baccarat (NEW GAME)

    => Bonus Refferal 20%
    => Bonus Turn Over 0,5%
    => Minimal Depo 20.000
    => Minimal WD 20.000
    => 100% Member Asli
    => Pelayanan DP & WD 24 jam
    => Livechat Kami 24 Jam Online
    => Bisa Dimainkan Di Hp Android0619679319
    => Di Layani Dengan 5 Bank Terbaik
    => 1 User ID 9 Permainan Menarik

    Ayo gabung sekarang juga hanya dengan
    mengklick CrownQQ

    Link Resmi CrownQQ:
    ratuajaib.com
    ratuajaib.net

    Info Lebih lanjut Kunjungi :
    WHATSAPP : +855882357563
    Line : CS CROWNQQ
    Facebook : CrownQQ Official

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3