Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Antique Dresser

I was fortunate enough to buy this dresser along with the vanity I posted yesterday.  You can imagine how giddy I was to bring them home.  

When I listed the vanity yesterday I had a client say that she loved it and only wished it was a dresser.  I said, "Oh?  I happen to have the dresser, too!"  She said she wanted it refinished the same as the vanity and I was very happy about that.  They are truly stunning together. 

The vanity is still available and if it doesn't sell by the end of the week I think I am going to keep it! 




BEFORE






 AFTER


I just have to stop and stare. lol




I had to sand the top of this one down as there were deep scratches in it.  Instead of staining it and sealing it with poly (my normal routine) I stained it and finished it with Minwax Antiquing Oil.  I love the soft luster it gives.  Poly has the tendency to look "cold" and oil brings out the warmth in the wood.  I think it might be my new go-to.









The detail is so striking.  I love this deep neutral behind all that creamy white. 




There isn't any part of this dresser that isn't amazing. 




The burled maple was lighter on this piece than it was on the vanity and I didn't like it with the white, so I sanded it down and then gave it two coats of Danish Oil in Dark Walnut. 









I sanded the bejeebers out of the drawers so the finish is like silk.  













9 comments:

  1. OMGosh! It is a crime to separate them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Breathtaking!! Absolutely Gooooorrrgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details on this dresser are just stunning and you did a fantastic job accentuating them! They just don't make furniture like this anymore....Lucky person who gets to adopt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am out of words!! (obviously, I`ll try to find them, haha.....)
    I think this is even more stunning than the first one. It is out of this world! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is flawless! Do you roll or brush your drawers? I don't see one brush mark? And what paint are you using? I just love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second, third and fourth the previous comments....simply GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beauty! I missed the other one, going to see it now.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3