This poor dresser was in rough shape when I got it. I thought it might be headed to the burn pile. A lot of the veneer was literally falling off and there was something living on the inside of it! After the last vanity I did I told myself I wasn't going to strip veneer again for awhile. But, this dresser was sitting at the front of my pile, so I thought I might as well tackle it and get it out of the way. I love the shape of it but, to be honest, I didn't know if I could fix it. It is such a solid piece that I didn't want to hand it over to the boys to chop into firewood. ;)
All that being said, I forgot to take a before pic (hate when that happens!!), unless this counts....
Yeah, it was a mess...and this is only part of it. I had to hammer one of the knobs off, too. This job is so much fun sometimes. :)
Wish you could see the before so you can see what a HUGE difference this is! :)
I was just going to do a linear distressing (just along the lines of the piece) but it distressed so easily that I just kept going--love the rub through on the drawers!
I love how chunky these are.
I wanted to do crystal knobs but, in the end, I decided these were a better fit. (And, of course, I love the cup pulls.)
Check out the feet and the keyholes!
Ok, the mirror was seriously so stinking heavy that I couldn't put it up and attach it by myself (and DH is still gone bear hunting) so here it is on my ugly shop floor.
<3 these--the drawers were so ugly I decided to paint them inside and out--complete makeover!
Linked up here: