Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Bar Makeover in Black


Quick little post this afternoon to start my weekend (my mom is coming to visit me for a week! yea!).

My friend said that this has been in her husband's family for a while.  She said her hubby doesn't like change (I can relate), but she was ready to see this little bar get a redo.  I love when I get to update a family piece and hopefully hubby will be on board with the new look. :)

She said she wanted a Pottery Barn finish (I have to sadly admit that a year ago I didn't even know what that meant! lol).  Just love it in black! 


 Before




 After








Happy upcoming weekend!!  See you next week!












10 comments:

  1. Love it- you did a GREAT job with that awesome piece!

    Enjoy your momma's visit, wish I still had my sweet mom, who has been gone 20 years now. She died much too young.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Lisa and I bet they will all love it! Enjoy your week long visit with your Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is beautiful...I haven't had a lot of luck with black paint. What kind did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this type of black finish! I looks so much better than the original, how can the husband not love it! Great job! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, it's a black beauty!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bar, so snazzy in black. YOu did a great job. Couldn't that piece be used for something besides a bar?, almost like a buffet. Love the style and lines of the bar, would love to have that. The paint job is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, I just gave you a shout-out on my blog! Hope you're enjoying your visit with your Mom...I know you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    I'm sure that her hubs will be happy with it. It looks OUTSTANDING!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing transformation!Hoping on over from Gail's sweet blog!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3