Thursday, May 23, 2013

Going French

I mentioned last week that my mom was coming to visit me.  Well, she's gone already and I can't believe how quickly time goes by when I spend time with her. 

  I just want to say that I have the best mommy!  

A tradition of ours is to go flower shopping when she's here.  Last year she wasn't able to come and I had to do it by myself and it was no fun at all!  I'm so thankful we could go together this year!  Check out part of our haul!


This just makes me happy. :)

She helped me plant and my yard looks 1000 x's better.  Thank you mom!!  Just wish I could go home with her and return the favor! :(  

When we were done I asked her if she wanted to run into Goodwill with me and, of course, she said "Sure." cuz that's how good she is to me. ;)  We were in there for about 3 minutes and I found this cute little table with Queen Anne legs (you know how I love legs!).  I scooped that baby up and off we went. 


 Before




 After






 I'm normally not a fan of "the fan" :), but I think it's such a great little detail on this table.







Seriously, there is just nothing like a pretty leg and she's got them (and cute little feet to boot!).  I made my mom rub them (lol!) and she said, "They do feel nice!"  Shhhh....don't tell! :)






 I had originally wanted to leave the top natural and just stain it dark (it actually had a pretty pattern in the veneer), but there were icky little spots after I had sanded and stained it.  I decided that leaving it natural was not an option so I decided to use my favorite stencil on it from Maison De Stencils.  I'm actually glad my original idea didn't work out!  I love how this looks.




I did one thin coat of cream over the parts I wanted to highlight and then sanded them back.  My son walked into the room before I had distressed it and said, "Is that just the first coat of the white stuff?"  I said, "Yes."  He said, "Oh, that's good, cuz it's ugly!" lol

Moral of the story?  If you hate it when you start.  Keep going.  If you hate it in the middle.  Keep going.  If you hate it when it's done.  Repaint. :)  It is very typical for me not to love a piece until it's distressed and the hardware is on.  I don't really like the look of new paint, but I recognize this about me, so I've stopped freaking out when it's painted and I hate it still.  I just tell myself it's like deep cleaning--things always look a mess before they look better. :)







She's soft and sweet!

color = mix between Intellectual Gray (SW) and Weimaraner (BM)

This table was featured by Karen @ Redoux Interiors.

Thanks Karen!

Linked up here:

Saturday:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:





 

12 comments:

  1. How fun to shop and plant flowers with your momma! Love your table. The transformation is amazing!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lisa! I always have an eye out for little tables like this. I am dying to try that script stencil. I am going to have to break down and buy it, I think. : ) I'm sure it will come in handy on lots of projects. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your Mom. I help my daughter out with her gardening, too. Just waiting for my son-in-law to hang up the window boxes they got this year and I will be over there planting them for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lisa! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time with your Mom. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I miss my Mom so much. There's not a day go by that I don't think of her...she was my best friend. Hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday weekend. Gail

    P.S. I've pinned this too...I should just a have Lisa Board...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi,oi, se magnifique, I can just hear Maurice Chavalier saying that about your table. Too young to know who he is? Ask your Mom about him, she might be too young also. Anyway your table is so sweet, love her legs and feet, so chic. The colors are great also.
    I always love to hear that young women love to spend time with their Mom's. Good for you. Like your kids you only have them for a limited time. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful transformation! Love the color and all the distressing and those legs! Hubba hubba LOL!Awesome flower haul too! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your Momma had great fun and this is the sweetest little side table I've seen in a while. Very precious!

    Happy weekend!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! How beautiful that stencil looks. I will have to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made the table so beautiful, and oh my what fine legs! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful! Glad you got to spend time with your mom. My mom and I have spend many a sweet moment in GW together. I got it from her.
    Have a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.
    Peace,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Just pinned! Love your blog too! Now following. Come visit at me at One Day at a Time, http://lovinlife1dayatatime.blogspot.com
    :) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing at Redoux. I am featuring at my party later today. -K

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this!! Love the script writing on the top and how you accent painted the "shell" design. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3