Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Antique Lowboy w/ Mirror

 
While I was trying to figure out what I was going to do this winter (because I totally didn't want to work in my garage with a propane heater again) I had decided I was done taking furniture.  But, you know how that goes. As soon as I decide that then someone tags me on FB and I am faced with a moral dilemma.  Ok, so maybe it's not a moral dilemma.... but a dilemma nonetheless. It sure is hard to say no to some things!  I told myself just one more piece wouldn't hurt, and as soon as I justified purchasing this sweet little lowboy I was in hubby's truck, son in tow, to go pick it up.
 
I'm glad I didn't say no. ;)
 
Btw, did I mention that I have THE BEST HUBBY in the world?!  I know I've said it before but I'm going to say it again because it's so true!  He said he had to go run an errand the other day and came back with a pellet stove for the garage!  So, now I don't have to paint in stinky propane fumes and have a cozy fire to work by to boot!  How lucky am I?  I truly don't deserve that man.
 
 
 Before
 
Isn't she so sweet?  I love the curvy top drawers.
 
I just finished two red dressers so it was time to go a little softer again.  I'm STILL in love with soft turquoises and I have a ton of left over paint, so I decided to mix my own again.  I can't get enough of a grayed out turquoise that's a little on the green side (which for some reason never shows very well in pics, so you'll have to trust me).
 
 
 
 After

 
 
There isn't anything I don't love about this one.  The color, the hardware, the distressing, the wood top, the keyhole, the details...

This one was tiger oak but the veneers were in pretty rough shape, cracked and peeling.  I had to remove the veneer from the top and fortunately there was nice wood for the sub.  I sanded it smooth, stained it with Java Gel for good coverage, and then sealed it with Minwax Polycrylic.  Now that my gallon is gone I will probably switch back to Varathane or General Finishes top coat. 










 These antiqued pewter knobs are still one of my faves and I love them with this washed out color.
 
 
 
This piece has just the right amount of detailing and I wanted to highlight it.
 
It's funny because when I first started painting I didn't really think I had a "style".  Now, as I look at my pics I can definitely see my style and I'm glad it's morphed into something of my very own. 
I've never wanted someone to be able to say of me that I've copied their work and I can see how my work is MY work.  I don't know if that makes sense to you, but it does in my head so we'll just go with it. :)
 
 
 
 Detail on the top of the mirror.



 I still love these cup pulls too.  I never get tired of a cup pull!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOLLY.

    Oops, you did it again. : - )

    You absolutely amaze me with your talents. If I had just a tiny amount I'd be satisfied.

    Love love love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The colour choice is perfect for such a curvy piece.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sweet piece of furniture! Color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I'm gonna say, so I'll just say it...... Love it, pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love that beautiful shade of blue and the way the white details really pop! And that curvy drawer is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! As always! I'm so glad your wonderful hubby got you a pellet stove so you can comfortably work this winter! :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3