Saturday, May 12, 2012

Grandma's Table

I have to admit this little table scared me!  It looked innocent enough--it was my client's grandmother's table and I knew it meant a lot to her--but it was rough!  Had to do some pretty major cosmetic surgery.  She wanted it taller (the legs had been cut off!) and it had some major veneer issues and a big crack in the front.  I didn't want to tell her I couldn't save it, so I employed my handyman and my tub of wood filler and fixed her up. 



 Before



This is where I was scared...lol.  I sanded the top down because it had deep scratches, glued, clamped, and filled the crack and missing veneer on the front corner, and had Craig add new legs to the bottom (which are actually stair spindles cuz they were the only thing thin enough to match the existing legs).  She's not looking so great. 




 After

Much better! :)



 Such a delicate looking table and I love the curvy top!








  K, I just have to say I found this book at a glorified consignment shop and fell in love with it!  It's actually a year book from 1921--absolutely adore the cover and binding.






Great little detail on the front.  

So happy another family treasure was saved. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3