Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Side Table

 I accidentally erased the before picture of this little table. You will just have to trust me when I tell you it was absolutely (if I wasn't being nice I would describe it as appalling, odious, abominable, horrendous, heinous....but since I am going to be nice...) unsightly. :)  It was dirty cream with hunter green stippling all over it with a hunter green, plywood "backsplash".  It had been painted (and not well) at least 4 times as far as I could tell.  When I saw it, it was one of those pieces that I felt so bad for  I couldn't leave it there.  This was a mission of mercy!

  Maybe in 20 or 30 years someone will look at it and have the same thoughts about what I did to it. ;)

I do have a "before" after it was sanded down, but you can still see that amazing backsplash thingy.




It looks a bazillion times better like this!





After

I did try painting this yellow and HATED it!  It looked creepy.  (Yes, that's the best way to describe it, lol!)  I love how bright and happy it looks now! 






I sanded the top down, stained it, and then lightly sanded it in spots again just to give it a little more variation in the color.  I love how it turned out.  I kinda wish I would have hit it with a hammer or something to give it a few dings. ;)


 loooooove it



 I've been dying to put these cute rosette knobs on something...she deserved it. :)  I also think yellow knobs would look amazing!  (I'm going to be on the lookout for some.)



 I only did one coat of the color and then distressed with a course sanding block when it was not-quite dry.  As Ania would say, "Easy peasy."



 Oh, how I love this color!!







 This just made me happy today. :)



If you don't have a place for a pop of color in your house it would be so perfect as a
 potting bench or in the garden, too!



FOR SALE: $80.00
dimensions: 35"W x 17"D x 30"H



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3