Friday, October 14, 2011

Children's table/chairs

A table makeover for an amazing lady and her beautiful kids! 

 Before


 After



 It took me longer to arrange the letters than it did to paint the whole thing! :)  This is a play table, I knew it would be getting lots of wear and tear so I scuffed the top so any "mishaps" might not be so noticable.  Haven't had the guts to sand through the paint in the middle of a piece before...I think I was cringing the whole time. :)



 Used a soft gray-brown primer under the white--loved it, already thinking of the next thing I can use the color on!






The detail on the seat was so cute--mixed the colors I used for the letters with a little white to soften them and sanded through the color.  One of the things I love about distressing is when the piece gets chipped or bumped into it just looks like it was meant to be that way--can't beat that with little ones around.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with the letters!! Awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3