Thursday, October 13, 2011

French Script

There weren't a lot of details on this dresser, so I thought a graphic would be something fun and interesting. Loved my coffee table so much I wanted to do something else in black and white.  She was sad, but I had a vision for her!
Before

After


Am in love with the graphics which were from http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/.  Thanks to Becky for helping enlarge it!

Used tracing paper to transfer the image to the dresser, painted, then sanded.  So, I just have to tell you about my mishap.  I completely finished painting the graphic on the top, waited for it to dry, and then went to poly it.  When I went over it with the poly it smeared the paint!  I did not cry--I wanted to, but I didn't.  After standing there for 10 minutes in my garage {not crying} I decided I would sand over it to see if I could fix it.  Luckily it worked pretty well.  The image is faded, but I still think it turned out nice, I think I might like it better this way!?   Oh well, we live and we learn! Now I know to spray over it with a clear coat first. ;)


This image was also from graphicsfairy.  For these I just colored the back of the image with a pencil, placed it where I wanted it (pencil side down), and traced over it again.  Was a much softer effect than painting it-- which I like.



Favorite corner.  The original handles were hideously ugly, so I junked them and bought new--love them!

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3