Saturday, August 4, 2012

A dresser in need of some TLC

Ok, this little gem was saved from the curb/dump?? by a friend and dropped off at my shop.  I don't think there was one person that walked by it that didn't say, "What are you doing with that??!!"  It was bad.  Really bad.  Really, really bad.  Ok, you get the point.  She's come a long way baby. :)




 Before
I told you. I'm sure, at one point in time, it was....adorable.  But, here it's just a hot mess!




 Here she is all cleaned up (after hours of peeling and sanding).  I will not take painted furniture anymore.  I will not take painted furniture anymore.  I will not take painted furniture anymore.  




 After



I am not a brown furniture kind of gal (just my personal taste).   If it's going to be brown I think wood is much prettier.  But, I have to say, when my client asked for brown I (un)willingly obliged and am very happy with how it turned out.  I think it's because the brown is a nice, soft color with no red in it, and I love the undertone of the cream.  It's very understated and simple and compliments the clean lines of this dresser. 

I think I would happily do another piece of furniture this color. :)













 The texture on this piece is incredible.  It has this worn look, almost like leather.  It's one of those you have to see in person to really appreciate.




 Amazing what a coat of paint did for the knobs, too.  These are the originals and I love the shape of them.




 Cute little legs.




 Just messin' around, lol (although I do really like this pic!). ;)




 *see comment in previous post about lining the drawers.  These originally had this ghastly orange and white contact paper, so this is definitely an upgrade!






color = Well Bred Brown SW
undercoat = Cream SW

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Megan. :) It's definitely grown on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSD Solution Cleaning Lab is the best and Unique producer of HIGH QUALITY Undetectable counterfeit Banknotes. With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency NOTES. We ship worldwide and our bank notes are top nocth Grade A +++ and cannot be detected by any laser machine.Our production process .Get your authentic banknotes ,SSD chemical solution and activation powder now .They are top notch and be used anywhere.




    ssd solution online

    buy ssd solution online

    order ssd solution online

    legit counterfeit money for sale

    can you buy counterfeit money online

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3