Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A story of three tables

A friend recently asked me to redo a set of tables for her.  She has 5 beautiful children, 4 of whom are 7 and under.   I got a few laughs (and almost a tear) while painting because neverending spots of marker and crayon kept showing up (even through multiple layers of primer!) .  I loved seeing her children's artistic talent on the tops and bottoms of her furniture! :)

Before Table 1


Before Table 2

After Table 2


Sanding is my favorite part of redoing a piece of furniture, whether it's smoothing out the finish or distressing  (I told Craig I love the sound of the sand paper going across a piece of furniture and he looked at me like I was nuts! lol).  This little table had lots of great edges--perfect. :)


After Table 3
color = Westhighland White SW
glaze = water based tinted with chocolate {paint ;) }

1 comment:

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3