Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Waterfall Dresser

Ok--little moment of honesty here.  I don't always like everything I do. ;)  I'm not a big fan of waterfall style furniture--just a little too retro for my taste.  But, that's the fun part about doing this is I don't have to like it!   :)  This dresser was already white and she wanted to keep it white, but wanted more of that vintage feel.  I am completely thrilled with how it turned out and might be just a teensy bit converted. :)

Before
Check out those pulls!



This is the not-so-pretty part of painting....It had been painted several times before with an oil paint.  I sanded most of it down to the bare wood, but only lightly sanded the sides  (thought a few left over brush marks would add to the look we were after).




After


I love how the glaze and the distressing picked up all the imperfections of this piece.







<3

Love the detailing on the trim.


Had to include this shot...so ready for spring!!!




Who says all the hardware has to match??   I love the vintage feel of the knobs and the contrast of the knobs and the pulls.  The hardware adds so much to this piece (I wasn't really feelin' it until all the hardware was on!).

Seriously...how fun are these?




color = Greek Villa ProClassics SW
glaze = waterbased tinted with black/chocolate
poly = Varathane in semi-gloss
hardware = HL
Pulls painted with Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze

2 comments:

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3