Thursday, May 30, 2013

Depression Era Hutch II

I loved the first antique hutch I found.  I always wish I had two of everything, so I can see what they would look like painted differently.  I haven't been able to find very many good pieces lately so I practically jumped off my couch when I saw this beauty on CL! 

 I listed it as a piece available for refinishing even though I already had an idea what I wanted to do with it.  It sold right away and I was a little bummed because I didn't think I would get my way (haha ;) ).  Well, fate was smiling down on me again and my client and I were on the same page, so I got to do it how I wanted and have it sell right away!! Woo hoo! :)

 Before





 After

You know what I'm going to say, right?  I la-la-la love it!!!



 Check out all those yummy legs!!





 She picked out a picture of a hutch done in Old White and Coco (ASCP) and I took it to Sherwin Williams and found colors that were close.  I ended up using Decor White and Virtual Taupe.  I loved the taupe but it was a little blah so I stained over it Dark Walnut and it made the color so rich.  It looks so good against all that creamy white.  


 Check out these stunning knobs.  There was no way I was going to change out this hardware.  They were looking a little rough so I just went over them with some Danish Oil in Dark Walnut.  It's a stain and sealer in one, so I just wiped on and wiped off.  Easy peasy!



 She wanted a pop of color inside so I used Duck Egg (the real thing).   When they built it they actually put the shelves in and then put the back on and let me tell you this is one solid piece off furniture--there was no way that back was coming off!  The shelves wouldn't come out so I had to paint around them.  Not so fun.  



 This is so my favorite part of the whole thing!   She has a great curvy skirt and this perfect little detail to set it off.





Have a fantastic weekend!!

This hutch was featured by Karen @ Redoux
Nita @ Mod Vintage Life
Mary @ Boogieboard Cottage
Sharon & Denise @ BeBetsy
Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule
Kelly & Kristi @ Lolly Jane
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
Deborah @ Green Willow Pond
Handy Man Crafty Woman

thanks so much ladies!


Linked up here:  

Saturday:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:





 

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lisa! Love the pop of Duck Egg on the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. I just did a piece in Old White and Coco...put a mercury glass knob on it. It's a lovely combo. The Duck Egg interior is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great! I can't wait to try the chalk paint on an old buffet I got off craigslist recently

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! Those legs? - to die for! And I especially love the color inside on the shelves. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a beautiful job, love the color you had pick great job. I am hoping you have a wonderful week with your family also.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely redo! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspire{d} ~ pinning to my party board.

    Hugs, Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... it is yummy! I love the colors. Looks A-MAZING!
    Great job, girl!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful transformation! :-) I really love it! :-)
    stopping by today from If it's Not Baroque link party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great transformation! I love the color combinations. The dark stain is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love it so much, I want one now!! lol...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa ~ Beautiful! The colors really make this cabinet stand out - very nice, very nice indeed.

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    Have a wonderful week~
    Sharon and Denise!

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a beautiful transformation, love the pop of color on the middle.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. I'm normally not one for painting antiques, but this looks really good. Visiting from Project Inspired Linky Party.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great lines this piece has and what an incredible transformation. I think I would have had a hard time parting with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a lot of work, but it is so gorgeous! What a fantastic Redoux! Sharing at my party tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning piece of furniture! I love the legs and all the details. The colors are perfect! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool piece in a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I featured your pretty hutch today at Mod Mix Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love it and featuring it as one of my favorite 4 from last week's Project Inspire{d} party.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty hutch, I love the way you've painted it, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You were FEATURED on BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop. Congratulations!

    See the latest BeBetsy Brag About It post and get an 'I Was Featured' button for your blog.

    We would love it if you would create a link back from your post to to BeBetsy. Thank you.

    The BRAG ABOUT IT Tuesday party starts at midnight tonight and runs through next Saturday and we hope to see you there. Tell your friends.

    Sharon and Denise

    ReplyDelete
  23. rifless, shortgunss and other firearmss and have them shipped discreetly to your address.
    We do same day shipment, and tracking information

    is provided as soon as shipment is made.
    All products come with manual and most of them are still in box but not all are brand new.
    These are not stolen and there’s a

    sales document issued for each.
    We also ship to an FFL for those who prefer it that way.
    Please feel free to visit our website.
    Contact us on wickr: thediscreetboss
    Weblink: Buy top quality handgunss, rifless, shortgunss and other firearmss and have them shipped discreetly to your address.
    We do same day shipment, and tracking

    information is provided as soon as shipment is made.
    All products come with manual and most of them are still in box but not all are brand new.
    These are not stolen

    and there’s a sales document issued for each.
    We also ship to an FFL for those who prefer it that way.
    Please feel free to visit our website.
    Contact us on wickr:

    thediscreetboss
    Weblink: https://discreetarmsdealer.com

    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/hand-guns-for-sale/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/ammunition/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/knives/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/rifles/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/shortguns/

    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/hand-guns-for-sale/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/ammunition/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/knives/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/rifles/
    https://discreetarmsdealer.com/product-category/shortguns/

    ReplyDelete
  24. All our banknotes pass the counterfeit detection tests and
    can be used in banks, ATMs, Shopping malls, and any other business that accept cash. We do discreet overnight shipping and
    we do have a return policy for all packages that have any problem whatsoever. We return with 24 hours or have another package
    shipped to the client.
    Contact us for the price list so you can place your order and have your first bills within 3 business days or next day for overnight orders.
    phone number for both text, calls and phone contact..(917) 423-4659
    whatsapp.....+1(323)680-5265
    Weblink: https://counterfeitmoney.biz
    homepage link: https://www.counterfeitmoney.biz

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3