Friday, January 16, 2015

Antique Sewing Machine Table

I saw this table on my local FB classifieds.  It was sad...sad...sad.  Nobody wanted it.  Someone went to look at it and left it behind.  I went to check it out and realized it was in pretty rough shape. 
The hinges were broken on the flip top and there was some disgusting sticker peeling off the top.  I knew I could fix her up though. :)


 Before

Some of you must have a little faith in me because I listed this on my FB just like this and it still sold. :)

My client said she was thinking of something in Robin Egg blue, which is one of my favorite colors and along the lines of what I had intended for this piece when I bought it. 
*Little side story. I bought this about a month ago and it's been sitting in my garage.  I had a few custom orders to finish up before I got to it. When I decided to refinish it I knew what I wanted to do, but second guessed myself and ended up listing it on FB.  I thought if someone bought it and told me what they wanted it would be better.  As soon as it was sold I was so sad! Lol!  My hubby thinks I'm nuts and I think he just may be right!  I wanted to do what I wanted to do.  Well, upon talking with the woman who purchased it she said I was thinking something along the lines of Robin Egg blue and you can do whatever you want with it. Really? 

So, it all worked out in then end. :)


 After

When I finished painting it and doing the paper on the drawer front I put on the knob I had originally bought for it and just wasn't happy.  It just didn't look like I had imagined it would.  So, I made an impromptu visit to HL and found the perfect fix. :)




 It is so sweet.  I did dry brush a little Chappel Green from Farrow and Ball on it to give the color a little depth, but it's very subtle.  That color will be on an upcoming project, too!



This top came a long way!!  I peeled the sticker, sanded it smooth, and then gave it a coat of Java Gel from General Finishes. 


psst...I love my little milk bottles! 




Another successful rescue! :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! These tables are the perfect size to add to a room's decor and when you make them that pretty.....you have one lucky customer. Now you need to find one for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!!!

    You save so many pieces from ending in the landfills, love that....and to think you sold it "before" that's too much. You see? We ALL KNOW how truly great you are in your craft. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. And I love the Hobby Lobby Knobby. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I need a piece of furniture that I can just put all my favorite knobs on!

      Delete
  4. I just spied this on Hometalk and I love it, love it, love it! I have an old awful looking sweing table that was my Gramma's. I've wanted to do something with it for a while, but kept coming up blank when trying to think what I could do. Right now, it is in my basement storage room or "the scary room" as my children refer to it, groaning under a box of old toys. She is going to get pretty very soon and I must thank you for sharing your beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just spied this on Hometalk and I love it, love it, love it! I have an old awful looking sweing table that was my Gramma's. I've wanted to do something with it for a while, but kept coming up blank when trying to think what I could do. Right now, it is in my basement storage room or "the scary room" as my children refer to it, groaning under a box of old toys. She is going to get pretty very soon and I must thank you for sharing your beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SSD Solution Cleaning Lab is the best and Unique producer of HIGH QUALITY Undetectable counterfeit Banknotes. With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency NOTES. We ship worldwide and our bank notes are top nocth Grade A +++ and cannot be detected by any laser machine.Our production process .Get your authentic banknotes ,SSD chemical solution and activation powder now .They are top notch and be used anywhere.




    ssd solution online

    buy ssd solution online

    order ssd solution online

    legit counterfeit money for sale

    can you buy counterfeit money online

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHO ARE WE?
    We are an online maltese puppies sales site. All maltese pups recorded on our site are altogether reproduced and brought up in the United States. The selling procedure is totally dealt with by us Making sure that pups are thoroughbred and match all depiction as recorded on our shihtzu.com know more about us visit

    shih tzu puppies for sale near me
    buy puppy online
    fuhrerschein-kaufen-schweiz

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3