Monday, October 8, 2012

Highboy Makeover

The same client who had me do this chair is giving her bedroom a makeover.  She brought me her bedroom set and asked me if I could update it a little.  She decided on a creamy white to pop against the dark gray she's doing on the walls.  Can't wait to see it when it's done!

This set is actually mostly particle board, but it still gets the same treatment as the real stuff.  I just make sure I scuff it up really good (make sure all the gloss is off the finish) before I prime and then I don't distress much.  




 Before





 After

You can't really go wrong with a coat of white paint.  Love how fresh it looks!











I also love how just changing out the hardware can make such a big difference.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3