Friday, March 15, 2013

25 Things in Pics

Sometimes life is hard.  Even when things are hard I know God has blessed me tremendously. 
 It helps to remind myself of the things that make me happy.

Here are 25 of them :



1.  Brotherly love.  These two warm my heart.  They talk, they laugh, they love, they fight, they forgive.  They are such a beautiful example to me.




 2.  Paint colors.  Oh, how to describe the feeling of walking into the paint store and seeing all those colors!  My fingers trace over each one while my mind is reeling with the endless possibilities!



 3.  The infinite love of my Savior.  The most tender feelings of my heart overwhelm me as I think of His eternal sacrifice.  I am so grateful for His mercy.


4.  A 4" heel.  A peep-toe.  Coral.  Need I say more?





5.  Reese's.  There is no way I could EVER turn down a peanut butter cup.  Bless the soul who combined the perfect amount of milk chocolate and sugary peanut butter!  I will eat them in a box. I will eat them with a fox.  I will eat them in a house.  I will eat them with a mouse. I will eat them here and there.  Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!





6.  A crocus peeking through the snow.  The first sign that spring is knocking at the door.  These pretty little flowers just do my heart good. 



7.  A little girly girl who loves to fish, wrestle with her brothers, and spend time with her dad.  There is one lucky boy out there who will get to call this sweet little thing his girl someday!



8.  A white bed.  Is there anything more enticing than a comfy bed with white linens?  Oh, this picture just makes me want to snuggle up!




9.  My guy.  Seriously, if you wrote a fairy tell with a prince charming this guy would fit the bill perfectly.  (I might be a little biased, but I don't think so!)  He's thoughtful, kind, generous, forgiving, funny, smart, handy, a good dad, and handsome!  What girl could ask for anything more??!




10.  A good book.  Yes please!  I can read for hours--until my eyes feel like they are going to fall right out of my head.  Love a good story!




11.  Melting snow.  I live in Wisconsin.  Why do I live in Wisconsin?  It seems like we have 8 months of winter.  I love the sun and being warm, so I'm sure you can imagine my extreme pleasure in seeing all that nasty white stuff melt away!  




12.  Sweet puppy faces.  We lost our dog this year and it was hard on the whole family.  We also adopted two sweet little girls that have filled our hearts again.  Tell me they aren't cute!




13.  The home of the brave.  It makes me happy to live in a country where I have the power to choose.




14.  Orange juice and bacon.  There is just something about the combo that I love (the ol' salty and sweet?).  Yum!!


15.   A good hair color.  Love this one.  Kinda wish I had her face, too. ;)




16.  Music.  All kinds of music.  A good beat, a sweet tone, a great melody...they all get me.




17.  Coconut.  I love the way it smells.  I love the way it tastes.  I love that something so tender can be encased in something so tough.




18.  Hydrangeas.  A new love of mine.  I'm not really sure why.  They just make me happy and I can't get enough of them!




19.  Quiet.  I get tired of all the noise all the time.  I don't need to play the radio or have the t.v. on.  I like to hear nothing.  This world gets too busy and I often think of Psalms 46:10--"Be still and know that I am God."




20.  A french manicure.  I hardly ever get one, but when I do I can't stop smiling (or looking at my hands!)




20.  Fresca.  It's bubbly and sweet and Oh. My. Gosh. It has no calories!




21.  French graphics/typography.  Ooh la la.  I just can't resist.



22.  A good furniture makeover.  C'mon, you knew that was coming!  I adore them.  Something old and ready for the trash becomes reloved and treasured once again!  This image is from Art Is Beauty.  You can totally see where I'm coming from, right?!?




23.  Clocks.  I have a not so secret now clock fetish.  I adore all shapes and sizes, and the more details the better.




24.  A comment or message.  Love hearing from you. :)  I hate the phone so texting (or comments on my blog) is perfect for me. 





25.  The snooze button.  I used to be a great morning person.  I'm finding that's not so true anymore!  4:45 every morning is a killer!!




Hope you can reflect on your many blessings and find peace in the things that make you happy. 


<3 Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on those. Well most of them. We dont get snow so the sound of falling snow is one of my favourite things in the world, as is waking up to a crisp fresh white world. It rarely happens, which is why I love it so much. I enjoyed this post. Thanks for brightening my morning.

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3