Friday, September 27, 2013

Updated 80's dresser set

Another quick post. 

A friend found this oak set on CL for a good price.  It's solid and has beautiful detailing and I was so happy to give it an update (you know how I feel about oak, right??). ;)



Before


 After

Sorry, this is a terrible garage shot, but it was way too HEAVY for me to drag around to stage! You get the idea though. :)  It has a beautiful carved mirror that goes on top, too, and I'm hoping she'll send me a pic of it up in her room. 

*This one made me cry.  I finished it on Tuesday and put a sheet over it to protect it.  When I lifted the sheet off this afternoon to take pics (45 min before they were coming to pick it up) there were huge gouges out of the paint (probably from when I set the mirror on it, with the sheet on, a day after it was painted).  Moral of the story.  Wait for the paint to cure before putting heavy objects on your furniture! :)





 This is the other piece that was a little more manageable. 










 Details




I was happy to get it out of my garage and she was happy to get it into her bedroom, so win win!!

I'm done for the weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Great looking pieces, Lisa! Well, now they are, not the "before" look. : ) I wish I had your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details! They turned out beautifully. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do really like these pieces! You have done a lovely job without an excess of work.
    My first dresser, called 'Hal', required a re-do on the top because i didn't cure the waxed graphite for three week. The second time I did cure long enough, and I still plan to poly it. I was going to sell it, but it knows it belongs in my hearth room, where it hold table linens. I'm rather glad that the next piece up has a glass top.......some real protection for the paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job! What paint/paint color did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such interesting pieces! I love what you did to them!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3