Friday, May 8, 2015

Chest of Drawers in Wheat Bread (Behr)


I think I've done close to 500 pieces of furniture in the last 4 years.  Sometimes that makes it hard to feel inspired or to continue to be original.  I find myself thinking, "Ok, what can I do to make this piece really stand out?"  It's easy to get caught up in trying to do something "different" all the time.  

This week I realized that sometimes I just need to take a step back and breath.  It's not about coming up with the most original finish...it's about helping each piece be the best it can be.  And, at times, that means less is more.  When I really started looking at this Basset I realized what a beautiful piece of furniture it really is.  It is very well made and in almost perfect condition.  It has a subtle bow front (typical of French Provincial) and soft lines. I've been doing a lot of color and floral in the past two weeks and I knew that wasn't the direction I should go for this particular piece. 

So, in keeping with the feel of the piece I decide to go monochromatic and to keep it soft looking. 

I'm a little sad because pics just don't do this one justice.  I need a nicer camera. ;)


BEFORE






AFTER

The color is Wheat Bread from Behr and it's a beautiful, subtle greige.  I also decided I didn't want to distress this one (I know, take a few seconds to collect yourself) because I didn't want to break up the beautiful lines of the piece. 






I used Krylon's Make It Stone textured paint for the inset of the drawer.  I like how it doesn't distract from the overall look of the piece but adds just a little something. The lighting is washed out in these pics, but in person it's more noticeable. 



I rarely find a piece that still has the keyhole covers (even if their faux like this one).  I was so happy this piece still had it and that it looks amazing!  I love the patina on it and left it alone. 




 I also didn't do anything but dust the existing hardware.  I love the highs and lows of aged metal. 





Such a gorgeous top (that I had to redo twice-ugh!) and it was well worth the trouble it gave me. :)




 Beautiful legs and curvy skirt! 




I love the contrast of the texture with the velvety smooth paint.  And, the bow front just makes my heart beat a little faster.  












This piece would make a wonderful Mother's Day gift!  (hint, hint!) :)



7 comments:

  1. I have done quite a few pieces too ;) and have a bit of a lull once in a while with inspiration too so.....THANK YOU! This inspires me so much to tackle a gorgeous old curvy lowboy I have with patina'd hardware....I may even give that stone texturing a whirl on a smaller piece. Thank you doll! Extra big shout out for actually being a blogger who giver her paint colours name and manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this color - less is more - esp to a monochromatic color-allergic person such as myself.

    Not sure about the stone paint, but it does make it stand out nicely.

    What a beautiful piece. Nicely done, Lisa.

    WOW - 500 pieces, sheesh. My arm would fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful piece! Your refinishing decisions were perfect! Thank you for sharing! Hugs,Leena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous, as usual. Enjoy your weekend.

    ChicByTab

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely...I know I sound like a broken record, but I could look at your pieces all day. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this piece, love French Provincial. I'm hooked on this style. Some furniture doesn't need distressing and so glad you didnt on this piece. It's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SSD Solution Cleaning Lab is the best and Unique producer of HIGH QUALITY Undetectable counterfeit Banknotes. With over a billion of our products circulating around the world. We offer only original high-quality counterfeit currency NOTES. We ship worldwide and our bank notes are top nocth Grade A +++ and cannot be detected by any laser machine.Our production process .Get your authentic banknotes ,SSD chemical solution and activation powder now .They are top notch and be used anywhere.




    ssd solution online

    buy ssd solution online

    order ssd solution online

    legit counterfeit money for sale

    can you buy counterfeit money online

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3