Saturday, August 25, 2012

Antique desk/vanity

I love this style of vanity!  Is it terrible to admit that I've secretly coveted finding one?  I had so much fun doing this one.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it and fortunately my client said I could do whatever I thought best.  Love that. ;)  It truly is a stunning piece of furniture.  I told her I loved it and she said she'd sell it to me--how's that for a twist! ;)



Sorry about this before--had to take it on my phone
You get the idea


Cade sanded the top off for me--love when I get free help!


 After






Super details.  I know you probably get sick of me saying this, but I LOVE it. lol





I always love a dark wood top against white.    




 These spindles have such a great texture (all crackly and flaky)--wish my camera was good enough to pick it up.  Im thinking that should be my  next splurge.




 This makes my heart flutter. :D  These drawers feel like a baby's butt. :)



 <3 <3 











The top is just gorgeous.  I used Dark Walnut from Minwax and then gave it 3 coats of poly in a semi gloss.





I really liked the shape of the original hardware, so I just gave it a light spray of black and then distressed it.

I think this one is my all time favorite so far!



Linked up here:


Primitive and Proper


12 comments:

  1. Love it, and baby's butt -yeah it looks that smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous job! such a classic piece- i love the dark top, the hardware, and the beautiful mirror and fluting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. I'm pretty new to the blogging world and I just found yours not too long ago (and started following!). So fun that you commented on here! Thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. So lovely! I am a huge fan of light paint with the dark top. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the combo too! Love your blog-new follower. ;)

      Delete
  4. OMG - this is just beautiful - and that mirror? out of this world - beautiful job!
    Definitely your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a stunning piece - the top is just amazing! I want one too. Just lovely!
    I have a vanity to redo that is similar, but it is taking forever to get to it. Seeing your has heped to motivate me :o)
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. I can't wait to see it!! :)

      Delete
  6. This piece is amazing! Love the dark top with the white distressed look of the rest. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how smooth your finish is! Looks like glass! Thanks for linking up to My Monday Muse! Hope you visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3