Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dresser to TV Console

I've had several people ask me to turn a dresser into a TV console.  So glad I have a handy man for projects like this! (I just have to say--he really is good to me!)  I didn't want to piece the inside shelf together, so we unscrewed the top and slipped the MDF shelf into the inside, after we (you know I use the term "we" loosely, as I usually am the assistant with tools while he does all the actual work) made sure there was enough support on the inside to hold the shelf.  Then I drug my family with me to Home Depot (where they ask me the entire time how long it is going to take me) and picked out a piece of trim to cover up the edge of the MDF.  If you know what you're doing (which now we do :) ) it's not a hard project, just takes some measuring and cutting.

I see these long dressers everywhere.  It was a nice dresser (Broyhill), just needed a little updating. 


 Before




 After











You have to run your fingertips across this one. ;)















The second one is coming up next....


1 comment:

  1. Very Nice post !!!

    You may also like : http://onlinefurniturestorewestwood.blogspot.in/2017/11/purchase-tv-console-online-add-to-your.html

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3